The weekly group seminar is a listed MA seminar for the fall terms, and an unlisted research seminar during spring terms.
Here is the information for the most current term. For previous terms, please see the tabs of this page above. For abstract of the talks and lectures by visitors, please see the Beyond Spacetime website.
Except for the joint meeting with lgBIG, we will be meeting on Thursdays, 16:15-17:45, room B002, Uni Bastions [map: http://www.openstreetmap.org/]
The most up-to-date program:
- 23 February: cancelled
- 2 March: Christian Wüthrich: Causal set theory
- 9 March: Fay Dowker: Lorentzian geometry
- 16 March: Karen Crowther: The holographic principle
- 23 March: Niels Linnemann: Are black holes thermodynamic objects?
- 30 March: Baptiste Le Bihan
- Tuesday, 4 April: Luigi Scorzato on science and illusions (joint meeting with lgBIG, 12h-14h, Bâtiment des Philosophes, Room 102, (22, boulevard des Philosophes))
- 6 April: cancelled (Philosophy of Time, Rome)
- 13 April: Vincent Lam
- 20 April: no meeting, Easter vacation
- 27 April: cancelled (Do black holes exist?, Bad Honnef)
- 4 May: Mike Miller
- 11 May: Karim Thébault: Prolegomenon to a philosophy of analogue experiment
- 18 May: cancelled (Seven Pines Symposium)
- 25 May: no meeting, Ascension Day